Mosquito MK4 (Anti-Loitering device) Customise your own kit
The Mosquito, MK4 otherwise known as an anti loitering sound device, anti teenager alarm, teenager repellent or ultrasonic teenage deterrent. Call it what you will, but it is essentially a low power device that makes a pulsing sound similar to an alarm clock. This sound is just out of the range of an adults hearing, which is why it only bothers people under the age of about 25. The sound is not loud or painful, just highly annoying after a short period of time.
Over the 10 years since The Mosquito was launched, CSS have sold many many thousands of them worldwide and in 2017 it still continues to be the MOST effective and safe way to disperse groups of loitering teens from locations they are not welcome.
This page allows you to customise your own Mosquito kit. Whilst we supply security cages, PIR motion detectors, timers and remote controls, for most applications, activating the Mosquito via the switch on the power socket is sufficient. If you will have to mount the Mosquito below 3m / 9 feet though, we suggest purchasing a security cage. The Mosquito itself is cast zinc and is very durable and impact resistant, as it was designed for use in US prisons. That said, it is worth the extra precaution if being mounted low.
As this is a 'customise your own kit' page, you will need to purchase a power supply also. You can choose between UK 3 pin or EU 2 pin power supplies. If you require a power supply that is different to these two options, you can purchase 24v DC power supplies in your local area. Please ansure the power supplies are rated at greater than 500 mA.
Mosquito Device Overview
This video is about Mosquito Devicehttp://www.compoundsecurity.co.uk/security-equipment-mosquito-mk4-anti-loitering-device
- Mosquito PIR
- The LX402 external PIR sensor is perfectly suited for use with the Mosquito MK4 anti-loitering device
- Mosquito Power Supply EU
- Standard 15v power supply selected to ensure that power spikes are limited to protect your Mosquito™.
- Mosquito Remote Control RF
- The Professional in-line remote control can be used with Compound Security Systems' Mosquito up to 100m range
- Mosquito Remote RF keyfob
- Additional IR (infrared transmitter) key fob which can be used with Compound Security Systems' in-line remote control.
- Teenage only setting: 17 KHz sound (only under 25's can hear)
- All-age setting: 8 KHz sound (people of ANY age can hear)
- 4 volume/distance settings (maximum volume 108 dB)
- 35-40 metre maximum range (depending on ambient noise)
- 4 on/off options: manually, PIR sensor, remote control or timer
- Audible beep on/off
- Low voltage operation: 1 hour installation (competent DIY person)
- 20 minute run time (Continuous run time can be achieved by requesting a 'continuous chip'to be installed in the unit) All Mosquito units supplied with a timer will have a continuous chip installed automatically.
- Acoustic Test Report - NHS 12.04.2006
- AERC Report
- HSE Report on sound levels 2001
- Human Rights Act and Mosquito
- Important professional comment in last paragraph
- ISVR Report
- Mosquito & the modern hearing aid
- NPL Full Report
- Official Home Office Position in Relation to Mosquito
- RCPCH (Royal College of Peadiatrics and Child Health) Advocacy Report
- Report analysing the use of high frequency sound and its impact on human hearing
- Noise and Hearing Conservation Technical Manual Chapter Noise and Health Effects (App ID)
- Belgian Superior Health Council Report
- Canadian Health Authority Report
- Mosquito MK4 Instructions
- Mosquito Presentation 2009
- Mosquito MK4 Information Sheet
- Mosquito Usage Guidelines
- NHS Acoustic Test Report
A controversial mosquito device is to be introduced to deter trouble-making youngsters gathering near a Preston street.
Police and community leaders are hoping to erect the device, which works by emitting high…
Thank you so much for your wonderful invention - it has completely changed our lives in under a week. Our house is a corner house that gives directly onto the street, and we were constantly…
Hello I recently bought a unit from cctvdirect.co.uk I was very unsure about the product and all the press. The staff where very helpful and persuaded me that my initial concerns would be soon forgotten.…
Evaluation of Trial Mosquito™ sited at CO-OP London Road, Macclesfield.
We were regularly called to the shop in relation to nuisance youths congregating, intimidating members of the public and "persuading" them to…
Already, the device has helped with youth crowd control at our school system in Columbia, S.C, emergency services manager at Richland School District Two, said that the schools purchased two Mosquitos from RMS Technologies two…
As a beat officer working in Bournemouth I had to deal with the problem of underage drinking and antisocial behavior that regularly occurred at the rear of a community centre. We installed the mosquito system…
For 12 months to date your company has supplied and fitted a number of 'Mosquito Anti Social Behaviour Devices' in the Liverpool South Localities.
The success of this initiative has been effective…
It is excellent news that the mosquito has been a huge success story for the Co-operative Group and is having a significant impact in attacking the problem of crowds gathering around our stores.
Hello, Please note that Sheffield City Council Licensing Board (of which I am a member) have on several occasions made it a mandatory condition of a licensing application that a mosquito device be fitted to…
The results show that the trial has been successful and there has been positive feedback and enthusiasm from the stores. No negative feedback or complaints have been received by either store from members of the…
I decided to purchase your Mosquito device because tenants of mine had been hounded by noisy, drunken and malicious youths for many years.
Your device took no more than 15 minutes to…
This feedback was received from Premier Security who are a security company based in Belfast, Ireland, UK.
Pre-Sales Service: 5/5
Post-Sales Service: 4/5
Ease of use of the Product: 5/5
We installed our first Mosquito in the Locksheath District Centre which is a shopping centre near Fareham.
They were suffering the usual problems of gatherings of large quantity of youths and the…
Please excuse me for not replying to you earlier but i have not been too good with a chronic pain problem.
We had the mosquito put up…
These second set of results show that the trial has been successful and there has been positive feedback and enthusiasm from the stores.
Approx £54K over a 12 month period preceding the installation. There have been a couple of further minor incidents of vandalism but not while the units where switched on and operational.
Regarding the Mosquito apparatus that we have recently been using in our area, this is just a note to say that we have been extremely pleased with it.
We have also had…
I bought the Mosquito from one of your resellers and i have had it fitted now. I can't thank you enough. It has made such a difference to my life.…
Steve Tayler here from 22 Wheatley road in Leicester. I Bought a couple of Mosquito units off you last year.
Soon after I began using the mosquitoes…
I just wanted to drop you an email to let you know this [Mosquito] seems to have solved our problem – yippee!
Another property manager who works…