RDAS+ Wireless Security Alarm System. SSAIB & NSI Compliant
RDAS+ Fully Monitored Wireless Battery Powered Security System
The RDAS+ security alarm system from Compound Security Systems is the latest step in battery powered, network communicating, radio linked temporary alarm systems that complies with and exceeds the SSAIB code of practice for Enhanced Temporary Alarm Systems & the NSI NCP 115 Code of Practice for Enhanced Scaffolding Security.
24/7 GPRS Connection to secure remote server.
Unlike other wireless, battery powered security systems on the market, the RDAS+ provides users with the ability to remotely arm and disarm the system in real time. This is especially useful if there are contractors etc. that irregularly require access to the property but to whom you do not want to issue codes or iButtons. This is done via logging in to our secure web portal with a unique username and password. Once logged in, users can arm / disarm the system, add or remove devices and access codes and view / download management data for the past six months.
Due to the unique 24/7 connection to our remote server, the RDAS+ can be used in conjunction with a suitable access control system to lock and unlock the premises remotely. No more Keys, no more codes, NO more problems!
Communications - World SIM
Uniquely the RDAS+ GPRS communicator has been designed to use a World SIM card. A World SIM is used as these SIM cards can select which network to send its signals through. This is done automatically every time a signal needs to be transmitted. Other systems on the market use a Single Network SIM, which is no good if the local cell tower goes down, or Roaming SIMs. Roaming SIMs look for the cheapest available network. Unfortunately they cannot tell if the network is overloaded and that can prevent the signal being received.
Our World SIMs automatically check available networks and tests them to see which is providing the fastest and most reliable transmission and then uses that network. This GUARANTEES that your signal gets through.
Key-pad. Doubles up as the engineer walk test unit
The RDAS+ security system has been designed in two parts, the control unit and a separate Key-pad/iButton reader. Separating the two has several benefits.
The control unit is the most expensive element of the system and as such is ideally located out of site and out of danger of vandalism etc., and not by the entry exit door. As the keypad is separate, the control system can be located anywhere on the site or in the building, although ideally in a central location to the wirelessly linked devices to allow maximum coverage.
The keypad which also doubles as the engineer walk test unit can then be installed at the site entrance (Note. Multiple keypads can be used on each system)
In line with the SSAIB code of practice for Enhanced Temporary Alarm Systems, the RDAS+ includes full anti-tamper and orientation detection within the control system, keypad and all RF devices.
RDAS+ Detector range
Internal PIR Sensors :(OPTEX) EX35, WNX, WFX360
External High Stability PIRs: (OPTEX) VX Infinity, HX40, FITV, BX80, VX402 with RaiderVision
Active Beam Sets: (OPTEX) AX200TFR
Door and Window Contacts
Wireless Panic Button
BUG Motion Detector (Mounted directly on plant/machinery - triggered if it senses motion)
Click on the Accessories tab above for detailed information on these items
Peli Case with carrying handle L270 x W156 x D82 - A portable very tough waterproof case (Note. A wireless siren is available as an accessory). Hide it away on site as it is not required during normal operations
is the main controller/communication unit and battery pack. A single battery pack provides 1 year + battery life under standard operating conditions. Also internally to the enclosure are the aerials for both the interconnected security devices and the GPRS communicator.
The RDAS+ alarm system has a time and date stamped event log that can be accessed on site by an engineer as well as a duplicate log held on our secure Portal, accessible by password by both installation companies as well as their customers anywhere in the World via any Internet connected device.
Remote Configuration & Control
Once installed the system is fully remotely configurable, allowing devices, codes and iButtons to be added or removed at will. Not only can the system be remotely Armed and Disarmed on demand, additional interfaced devices such as locks, lighting and CCTV can be also be controlled via the system.
Real-Time Web Portal & Alarm Triggered Notifications from Real People at a Certified Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC)
The RDAS+ comes with a pre-installed dedicated SIM card giving customers their own unique access to our online Portal, to which any number of systems can report. Real time information including Arming, Disarming, Alarm and the unique electronic key code is also displayed.
RDAS+ can report to your own control room if you are a security company free of charge, however, most people take up the full ARC (Alarm receiving centre) monitoring, which is additional the cost of the systems. So no more missed texts or robot voices, just one to one contact with a real person insuring critical messages get to the right people at the right time and all with the traceability that a dedicated ARC offers.
- System Arm and Disarm
- GPRS Signal strength
- System battery status
- Detector battery status
- Detector signal strength
- Identification of individual iButton keys
- All events time and date stamped
- 6-month event history log
RDAS+ provides highly reliable external visual verification via modified Optex VX402 PIRs called RaiderVision units. These will provide a short video clip each time the detetor is activated. In addition, the RDAS+ system allows users to use these units for guard tour functions, supplying video clips on demand.
Example of customer specific real-time weblog
Keypad / iButton unit
The enclosure is manufactured in high strength ABS and is designed for internal or external installation being sealed to IP65. The keypad is of metal alloy construction. The unit doubles up as an engineering tool allowing the installer to walk around the site with the unit providing information such as signal strength and battery life of all the associated detection and warning devices. As per the control unit the internal batteries provide in excess of 1 years use.
The enclosure also includes an iButton reader for those not wishing to use codes. Placing an authorised iButton to the reader illuminates the display and then the function is selected using the keypad. The LCD is a high brightness display and back lights when a code or iButton is applied. The keypad is of metal alloy construction with buttons that illuminate when any button is pressed. Once illuminated by pressing any button the user code is entered, this can be anywhere from 4 to 6 digits in length. A universal code can be programmed that allows the arming of the system only and all codes/iButtons can be set to either Disarm and Arm the system or both.
Each system will allow up to 64 access codes, iButtons or combination of both to be programmed in to it at any one time. Each system will allow the wireless connection of up to 64 devices. A wireless device can be for example a keypad/iButton reader, PIRs, smoke detectors, iButtons, etc. etc.
The unit also has a switched output that operates when an authorised iButton or code is applied, this output can be used for access control operating an electronic lock release through a suitable interface.
Compound Security's RDAS+ system has several industry leading features that ensure that the unit is both highly reliable and convenient to use.
- World SIM Operation (Network chosen automatically based on network signal performance at the time of transmission)
- Remote real time ARM/DISARM via online secure server.
- Constant 24/7 GPRS connection to remote secure sever
- Meets and exceeds SSAIB 'Enhanced TAS' standards * NSI Code of Parctice for scaffolding security)
- Police SBD (Secured by Design) approved
- Range 1Km + (Open field in all directions) utilising inbuilt aerial
- Range up to 3Km (Open field) with tower mounted high gain aerial
- Operating frequency 434MHz offering enhanced building fabric penetration
- Separate keyad and control unit. Allows control unit to be placed securely and out of sight in a safe place.
- Fully Monitored by your own control room or a national accredited ARC via IP
- Bold Gemini compatible
- 1 year+ battery life
- Control system tamper & orientation protection
- RF device tamper & orientation protection
- On board and remote secured event log
- Keypad doubles as engineers 'walk test' unit.
- Multiple outputs for switching auxiliary equipment (i.e. CCTV)
- Real time online Control and programming via secure online Portal. Access it from any internet connected device
- Remote 24/7 arming and disarming on demand
- Automatic daily timed arm/disarm function
- Connect up to 64 wireless devices from our detector range.
- Multiple keypads for multiple entrances / exits using a single control system
- Up to 64 access codes, iButtons or combination of both per system
- RDAS+ BUG orientation detector
- The RDAS+ BUG can be placed in hard to reach places of plant and equipment and is essentially a motion / orientation detector
- RDAS+ BX80 RF Bi-directional external dual optic PIR
- Perimeter or window row protection. 180 degree opposed detection pattern total 24 meters
- RDAS+ Control System Battery Pack
- Alkaline battery pack for RDAS+ wireless security systems. 12 months operation
- RDAS+ FIT Dual Optic External PIR
- Ideal for awkward locations. Detection head has 180 degree swivel. Low level mounting 1 - 1.2 meters.
- RDAS+ iButton Key
- The RDAS+ can be armed / disarmed via the keypad using a PIN code, or alternatively by using an iButton
- RDAS+ Replacement control system case
- Replacement carry case for RDAS+ wireless battery powered security control system
- RDAS+ RF Device Battery 3.6v 1/2 AA
- Replacement batteries for all RDAS+ wireless security system RF connected devices
- RDAS+ RF Magnetic Contact
- The RF magnetic contact is for use on windows and doors. For use with RDAS+ wireless security system only
- RDAS+ wireless security system keypad
- The wireless keypad for RDAS+ wireless security systems also doubles as the engineer walk test unit.